Sewing MachinesMachines

Can Not Adjust Stitch Length on Singer Machine

I have a 2 dial Singer that I bought 15 years ago. The stitch length at the top won't move at all. I have taken all the casings off (that's the easy bit), but can't find anything that will release the dial to go around the cogs. They look OK, but are stuck fast. Any ideas? The whole part of that bit is stuck fast, top dial and cogs.

Put a drop of oil in every day for a few days. If it doesn't loosen up, you may have to take it in for servicing.

ive done that but no change but thankyou there is a plate on top of it where the bobbin case goes to be winded BEFORE I take any more off will I be able to get to the cogs this way ?