ColoringHair Tips

Can Re-dyeing Your Hair Damage It?

So I bleached and dyed my hair blue and pink 5 days ago. I used Ion semi permanent magenta and sky blue. I did not like it, so I faded it, but the blue didn't wanna come out. I really wanted to dye it black so I did today. Will my hair fall off? Or what will happen to my hair?

If it is permanent dye, you need to wait a few weeks and deep- condition weekly. If it is not permanent, re-dye whenever you wish.

It won't fall off if it has not already, just get 1-2 inches cut off asap to keep it healthy.

Sorry you are having a rough go with the dyes.

Take a few weeks now and be kind to your hair. Don't over style, wash, or fuss with it and use gentle and natural conditioners. This website has some long time standards:

food.ndtv.com/.../6-natural-hair-conditioners-for-every...

When I was young, the banana mask was a very inexpensive go to with bananas that were going to be tossed because they weren't edible (browning).

Sometimes the grocer would even toss extra of the totally brown ones in for free. Of course, that was a million years ago when there were actually grocers and neighborhood grocery stores (not the big box behemoths of today).

Word of caution though... be sure to rinse it out thoroughly (but gently) before going outside...especially when it is bee season...you don't want to become an attraction for the stingers of the neighborhood.

banana mask for hair? that's a new one, I have to look that up

the only thing that's really harmful to your hair is bleach, like when you have to bleach or peroxide the crap out of it in order to take new dye, but just straught up dye, though it is chemically, should not be as bad

another good solution is to use henna, which is a natural pigment from India used for millenia and completely wholesome, natural, etc. Trouble is you have to reapply often