Canning Rhubarb

Category Vegetables
Excess rhubarb is easy to preserve by canning. This is a page about canning rhubarb.

After washing the rhubarb, I pack in quarts/pints tightly, and do not add any liquids as the natural juices forms the liquid. This way, I can use my rhubarb for recipes that call for fresh rhubarb. I measure the number of cups a recipe calls for, plus the juice, and add any sugar the recipe calls for. I process for the same amount of time recommended.

I have no freezer and I want to can my left over rhubarb so I can use in in other recipes, like cakes and pies after the season. So do I brine pack it or syrup pack it is the question. I already plan to make some jam from it. I want to be able to share some it later in the year with others as well.

By Rose C Portz from Dorset, OH

Food and Recipes Canning VegetablesMay 9, 2013
🌻
📓
🐛
😷
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Canning-Rhubarb.html