Canning Rhubarb Without Sugar

After washing the rhubarb, I pack in quarts/pints tightly, and do not add any liquids as the natural juices forms the liquid. This way, I can use my rhubarb for recipes that call for fresh rhubarb. I measure the number of cups a recipe calls for, plus the juice, and add any sugar the recipe calls for. I process for the same amount of time recommended.

I don't understand your directions at all. You say add no liquid, then you say add juice and sugar. Please redo with very specific directions. I just don't get it and would like to can rhubarb for winter use. Thank you.

Food and Recipes Canning FruitJune 4, 2013
🎄
🎉