Caramelized Cranberry Brussels Sprouts
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
December 20, 2018
These Brussels sprouts are extra yummy, sweetened by being caramelized, and studded with cranberries. The onions and garlic give it a nice smoky flavour. I love the green and red look for the holidays. :)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 lb fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1/2 small onion, sliced
- salt and pepper
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Add 1/2 cup water to a pot and bring to a boil. Add the Brussels sprouts and cook for a few minutes until they are parboiled.
- Drain and pat dry to remove any moisture.
- Add a tablespoon of oil to a pan over medium-high heat. Add sprouts and onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, until browned. About 7 minutes.
- Add some salt and pepper. Stir in garlic. Cook a couple minutes until garlic is toasted.
- Sprinkle in the cranberries and cook another minute. Serve immediately.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.