Caramelized Cranberry Brussels Sprouts
These Brussels sprouts are extra yummy, sweetened by being caramelized, and studded with cranberries. The onions and garlic give it a nice smoky flavour. I love the green and red look for the holidays. :)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 lb fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1/2 small onion, sliced
- salt and pepper
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Add 1/2 cup water to a pot and bring to a boil. Add the Brussels sprouts and cook for a few minutes until they are parboiled.
- Drain and pat dry to remove any moisture.
- Add a tablespoon of oil to a pan over medium-high heat. Add sprouts and onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, until browned. About 7 minutes.
- Add some salt and pepper. Stir in garlic. Cook a couple minutes until garlic is toasted.
- Sprinkle in the cranberries and cook another minute. Serve immediately.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!