Caring for a Kitten With Eye Discharge

I have kittens that are 2 weeks old. One kitten has 1 eye open and the other eye is swollen with pus coming out of it. What can I do at home because I can't afford a vet bill?

By Patricia from West Palm Beach, FL

Best Answer

This sounds like an infected eye. You will need to see a Vet for antibiotics. Or you could order them from Drs. Foster and Smith on the internet. You could also try Valley Vet Supply on the internet. I recommend the Vet. If you dont do something the kitten may go blind in that eye.

Take a warm wash cloth and rub each eye gently. If you have eye drops put one in each eye. It will not hurt them. They don't like it, but they will be ok. If you don't have any eye drops then just do the warm wash cloth a couple of times a day. It will still heal them up and get all that gunk out of their eyes.

I usually take a wash cloth wet it with warm water and put just a tiny bit of antibacterial soap on it, (very little) and clear the eyes. This sounds like an infection which can get the other kitties infected. If you use E*ay (i have bought the medicine needed on there for this problem, it is Terramycin 3.5 g tube it is by Pfizer and from another country even though the seller was here in the us.

You will still need this to help with the infection. Check the exp date on any that anyone is selling on there before buying or bidding.