Caring for a Rescued Chipmunk?

My cats got ahold of him at 2am this morning and I am not sure what to do. He is breathing and I don't see any blood. I am not sure if putting him in a box with some towels was a good idea until morn. I'm afraid he will chew through the box. Any ideas?

It is a wild animal. I would call the animal control center near you.

Dont call animal control..... They almost always will murder what you have.
Your best chance is a animal rescue. Or do the best you can yourself. Good luck.

Hi,

I think it will be good to have it in a box. Be careful that it doesn't bite you.

Animal control will likely just euthanize the chipmunk since it is a wild animal. The best hope for this chipmunk, is to take it to your local wildlife rehabilitator.

If you cannot find out where it is, then call the veterinarian, the animal shelters or the library to ask if they know where the local wildlife rehabber is. You can even call the local zoo and ask them.

I am not sure about chipmunks, but if a cat bites a bird, the bird will die from a bacterial infection. That is why a wildlife rehab would be the best place for the animal. I have taken lots of small animals like your chipmunk to our rehabber. It has always been a relief to know they are taken care of by a professional.

You have a caring heart to have had concern for this little creature. The world needs more caring people like yourself!

Blessings,

Robyn

I have fed baby chippies before..I don't believe anyone but animal lovers will do anything about the little one you have..A box it may chew out of..I'd use a small cage or an aquarium w a lid on it. Depending on how bad the injury is it can heal w your help. Food and water. Ty for saving him/her .

You should find a wildlife refuge and get it there ASAP! If you don't have one, call the local animal shelter and get their guidance to give the little one the best chance of a good outcome.

Post back what they tell you! Prayers for the wee fur one!

Better Living Green Living WildlifeMarch 23, 2019
📓
😷
🐛
😎
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Caring-for-a-Rescued-Chipmunk-2.html