SnacksRecipes

Cauliflower Cheese Crisps

Vote for this contest contender!

I'd say more than a sweet-tooth, I have a salt-tooth! This can be an issue for someone like me who tends to be more low gluten and low carb. These are an awesomely delicious snack that work well for gluten-free and low carb diets. To compare them to something you might be familiar with, they taste like a more complex, adult version of a Cheez-It cracker. Give them a try!

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 10 minutes

Total Time: 20 minutes

Yield: 4 servings

1. Preheat oven to 400F. Place the cauliflower in a food processor and pulse, or grate with a cheese grater.
  2. In a large bowl, mix together the cauliflower, parsley, rosemary, Parmesan cheese and black pepper.
  3. Ad

4. Finely grate the garlic clove with a microplane or fine grater. Add it to the mix.
  5. Using your hands, make little balls with the mixture, about 1 inch in diameter each. Place them on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
  6. Ad

7. Take a spatula or the bottom of a glass and flatten each ball into a disc.
  8. Bake in oven for about 8 minutes. Then shut off oven and let them sit in there for 2 minutes.
  9. Ad

10. Let cool for at least 10 minutes. Crisps will just pick right off the parchment paper. They'll get crunchier as they sit out. Enjoy!

This sounds very interesting. I don't care for cauliflower, but I'm thinking the added ingredients would give it a flavor I would really like. I'm a cheese freak.

In late summer, I always have extra zucchini. Do you think that would be a good replacement for the cauliflower?

You won't know this is cauliflower at all. You can use grated zucchini if you thoroughly squeeze all the water out of it or slow bake/dry it first, I think. It tends to hold a lot of water. I'd say give it a try!

I will give it a try. When I was little, people put stuff in new (cloth) diapers to wring the water out. Worked like a charm.

Thanks

That's similar to what I do, too. You're welcome :)