Caulitater Burgers (Vegan)
These vegan paleo burgers are made with cauliflower and potatoes. They are not only healthy but also delicous.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This was a wonderful veggie burger recipe that I found. I have adapted it a bit to suit my needs. The great thing about this 'burger' is that not only is it animal-free, but it is also soy and legume free. So technically this is the only dish in your entire house party in which both your vegan and your paleo friends could partake. In the current food environment that exists, this is no mean feat.
Prep Time: 2 hours
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 1 lb cauliflower head
- 1 lb potato, mashed, boiled or baked
- 1/4 red onion (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (or parsley or optional)
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 inch ginger root, 4 garlic cloves, 8 sundried tomatoes OR one fresh tomato, all ground up into a paste
- 4 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup hemp protein or oat flour
- 2 slices bread, made into crumbs
- Cut up and mash up all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In a food processor, mash ginger, tomatoes, and garlic together till it forms a paste.
- Add protein powder or oat flour as needed, to dry up the mix a bit. Add spices to taste.
- After proper consistency is reached, shape into patties.
- On a plate, make bread crumbs and mix well with salt and pepper. Take each patty and put each patty in the salt bread mixture.
- Place on an oiled cookie sheet. Bake 20 minutes per side at 375 degrees F or so.