Cheese and Kale Frittata

This is an excellent vegetable packed egg breakfast that's topped with cheese. You don't need an oven for this, you can do it all on the stove top as long as you have a lid for the pan!

I boosted mine with the addition of egg whites for more protein and fluffiness, but you can use another whole egg if you like. You can also use any cheese you like. I chose goat cheese!

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 12 minutes

Total Time: 22 minutes

Yield: 1 large serving

1. Lightly grease a medium pan and place over medium heat. Cook kale, onion, and tomato until wilted, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
  2. Add garlic and stir, cooking for a minute.
  3. Whisk eggs together in a little bowl then pour over the veggies in the pan.
  4. Use a spoon to pull away at the sides of the cooked egg, then tip the pan to fill those open areas with uncooked egg. Keep repeating until there is no egg liquid left.
  5. Sprinkle the top of the frittata with cheese, then place the lid on top. Allow to steam and melt the cheese for a minute or two.
  6. Ad

7. Turn off the heat and slide frittata onto a plate. Serve immediately.

Attosa, that looks beautiful!

Something funny, I always have called that an "open faced omelet" hehe - and never ever knew cooking it that way was called a Frittata! I like the name of this too, a lot, and I like the goodies you've put in it. I looked up that name (Frittata), because this is a new one on me! :) Never knew that "name" Frittata.

Where have I been? haha

Thank you for the name of this very pretty and colorful dish which I know it tastes YUMMY. And, thank you for the extra ideas of what veggies work well with it too.

Many times I'll use pepperoni cut up with chopped green onions, tomatoes diced and Jack cheese and call that an "open faced Italian omelet" too.

But now, they're going to be called Frittata's! :)

Thank you Attosa:)

Frittata to the dictionary! Yay! Your pepperoni version sounds goooood! Sounds like a gluten-free/ketogenic pizza! MMM!!!

That looks good and looks like it would be gluten free. Can I use Spinach instead of Kale?

ABSOLUTELY! It will probably take a bit less cook time but it will turn out great! :)

I had this for supper tonight. It was absolutely scrumptious.

I used Fajita Seasoning instead of garlic and I did use the spinach. I'll be making this often. Thank you for posting this recipe!!

I love a good success story! Your version sounds delicious! :)

The first time I made this I had purchased a large bag of spinach. Never have used much spinach before as it is high in vitamin K and I'm on blood thinner. I put it in a pot with a little water and cooked it and froze the cooked spinach in small serving sizes. I take out a serving and stick it in the microwave to thaw and add it to the frittata after I add the eggs. It works great and I have a little spinach on hand whenever I need it.

Awww excellent it's become a repeat dish! Love the smart use of all that spinach :)