Chocolate Chip Crunch Cookies
These taste like the cookies you buy in a bag, but better!
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: Depends on how big you make them
Source: Found in my recipe storage box
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg white
- 2-4 Tbsp warm water
- 12 oz mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- First thing to do is to bring all ingredients to room temperature. Sometimes I get them all together the night before, then by the time I am ready to bake, they are just right!
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix the flour and baking soda in a bowl and set aside.
- Using a electric mixer mix the 2 sugars and shortening until creamy add the vanilla, salt, and egg white.
- Add the flour 1/2 cup at a time, adding a tablespoon of warm water as necessary to mix the flour, until dough is firm. Don't exceed 4 tablespoons of water!
- Mix in chocolate chips. As the dough gets thicker you may want to mix by hand.
- Roll into 2 inch balls and press down with the palm of the hand to make flat.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Guide