Chocolate Chunk Pancakes
I like to use chunks of chocolate instead of chips because it leaves big portions of the chocolate gooey. With a big dollop of whipped cream, I often serve these for dessert, too!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 ounces chocolate chunks
Read More or Comment...
- In a saucepan, combine the butter and milk. Place over low heat until butter is melted. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and add the vanilla.
- Very slowly, with a small stream, drizzle the warm milk mixture into the eggs while whisking.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until blended. Do not over stir.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Heat a griddle over medium heat. Melt a bit of butter, then add about 3 tablespoons of batter for each pancake onto the pan. When bubbles form on top, flip over and cook the other side until golden. Serve hot.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.