Cleaning Stinky Shoes

I went to a watering hole and was wearing my water shoes. I then packed them in a plastic pack and promptly forgot about them. I opened the bag 2 days later and they smell horrible. Is there anything I can do to get rid of the smell? I'm willing to try anything to make them smell normal again!

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

Best Answer

Here is the answer to ANY stinky shoe question ever asked. Let me just say that my daughter, God love her, has THE stinkiest, rankiest, stankiest feet EVER. I love her dearly but this is true. She can shower and her feet would stink so bad AFTER the shower it was crazy. Here was THE answer. There is a product called On Your Toes.. you can get it on Amazon. It's a tiny container for around $12. Keep reading...it states that you use this product ONE TIME in the shoes and they are stink free for 6 months. You put in on your feet twice I think and shoes once. We did this and it WORKS. STINK FREE FEET.. STINK FREE SHOES. NO stink after a shower. I have not smelled her feet since and I kid you NOT. HOWEVER, here is a little secret. This On Your Toes is zinc oxide powder.. nothing more. You can buy 1lb bag of that on Amazon for around $10 instead of a few little grams or whatever. It won't stop foot sweat, but the stink is gone... and I mean gone. You sprinkle it in your shoes ONE TIME. I would sprinkle it at night and let it sit overnight..sprinkle it on your feet too. You will be amazed at the difference. We tried those peppermint sprays and this and that powder. Forget that stuff. This helps the most ranky gaggable stinky feet.

Best Answer

1.Wash and dry them then leave in the freezer overnight. 2.Stuff socks full of kitty litter and place inside shoes overnight to absorb the odor.

Best Answer

Wash in water and Lestoil (I get at Dollar General). Dry in the sun.

Use scented bath salt and soap