Cleaning With Lemon Oil

Most of us are familiar with using lemon oil on wood furniture, but there are other cleaning jobs that can benefit from using this citrus oil. This is a page about cleaning with lemon oil.

I was baking and spilled over a 2 oz bottle of lemon extract on my counter top. Now, I only pay .88 cents for all my spices and real extracts at The Dollar stores or a wholesale store here. So, no great loss.

I quickly grabbed paper towels and mopped up the mess. Upon cleaning it up, and getting that wonderful fresh lemon aroma, I started wiping down my counter top, my mixer, my toaster, can opener, and all my appliances. They started shining and it left my kitchen with such a clean fresh dry finish. With the alcohol content it dries immediatly and there is nothing in it to leave any sticky residue. It actually is a good cleansing agent due to the alcohol content.

Now, of course we aren't going to run out and buy miniature bottles of lemon extract to clean with, but if you want to once in a while give your kitchen a strong fresh aroma of nice and clean freshness, this will certainly do the trick. A splash on a paper towel goes a long way. And the smell last a long time!

See what one mistake (accident can do)?

After I clean my porcelain sinks and tub, I use a small amount of lemon oil on a soft cloth and wipe down the surface and it just gleams! It also repels soap scum and other dirt to keep the sinks/tubs cleaner longer. Don't oil the bottoms of tubs, though, as you don't want to make it slippery for anyone who showers.

The lemon oil is a natural substance and doesn't affect your bathwater at all; in fact, it adds a nice, citrus-y scent!

By Laurie L.

Where can I buy lemon oil?

By Kathy Kringstad from Mesa, AZ

Answers

Is this lemon oil you use for cleaning, or lemon oil you cook with? If it's for cleaning, the grocery store will have it under different brand names. If it's for cooking, any gourmet shop in your area will have it.

I have found it at hardware stores, like Home Depot, Lowes.

I get mine at Walmart, it's usually the best price too.
Kathy in CT

I have seen it in the grocery store (mine is a co-op) in the cleaning section.

Try a health food store.

I absolutely LOVE those yellow, lint-free, oiled cleaning cloths that are purchased at stores, for dusting furniture. They're so great to use because I don't have to use any other products or chemicals and they work so well at picking up dust. But when I wash them, I've noticed the oil comes out of them and then they're just plain cloths.

Does anyone know how to make them oiled like they were originally when purchased, without using a cup of lemon oil to soak it in? I didn't know how else to make them oiled again without them being soppy or using a ton of lemon oil. How do I get them to be like they were when they were new?

Mia from Phila

Answers

What about spraying some furniture oil on them, and placing in a plastic bag to completely dampen them?

By Nancy . (Guest Post)

Add a little lemon oil to water; soak the cloths in that and hang to dry. they's be oily, but not soppy. Do be careful of getting too much oil in the water. It will require some experimentation.

Don't know what tip here will work best for you, but please remember that stored oily cloths can be self-combustible and a fire hazard; my guess is that this would apply to having a few of them together.

If you've found the right recipe for it, store the cloth in a sealed plastic container by itself and keep it in a relatively cool place.

Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning Supply RecipesJune 5, 2014
🌻
😷
😎
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Cleaning-With-Lemon-Oil.html