Clematis Photos

Category Flowers
Clematis is a beautiful vine flower the comes in a variety of colors. This page contains clematis photos.

Clematis Photos

Share Your PhotoCheck out these Clematis Photos shared by the ThriftyFun community!.

I had forgotten about this picture. It was in a batch I took a couple days ago. When I ran across it, I thought it would be nice to share. The name of this Clematis is 'Little Duckling'. As you can see by the many unopened buds, it is a prolific bloomer.

light and dark pink clematis flower

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 6

Ever since I've had this flower, I wondered about the meaning of its name, but never bothered to find out. Today, I checked. I was pleasantly surprised.

Clematis Niobe - beautiful red flower with dark edges

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 4

My first clematis to bloom this year is 'Elsa Spath'. I wish I had added something to last year's picture for size reference, because this year's blooms are twice as large.

Clematis 'Elsa Spath' - light purple clematis bloom

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 4

My clematis was so beautiful this spring. It was covered from top to bottom in huge purple blossoms. I received so many comments from friends and family. I just love it!

Purple clematis in bloom.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 1

It's been a hard year for all my plants. Things have looked pretty grim all season. I lost so many roses to spores that thrive in the damp. This may be the first year I didn't try something new.

October Blooming Clematis (Elsa Spath) - light purple clematis

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 3

For years, my sister had a clematis, maybe two very similar and intertwined, growing in a fence corner. For several weeks each spring, it turned into a very large, eye catching beauty.

'Crystal Palace' Clematis - pretty light purple blooms

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 3

I've shown this clematis before. I think it's worth showing, again. I paid about a buck for it and now I have 20+ plants.

Clematis Little Duckling - numerous pink and white flowers

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 3

The fuchsia and white flower is clematis Little Duckling. The purple flower is clematis Jackmanii. I have rooted many Little Ducklings. I am in the process of rooting more Jackmanii.

two clematis varieties growing together

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 3

We live in east Texas where the summer are so hot and humid. It is always wonderful to see the spring flowers before it heats up. These big clematis are so beautiful, and always bring such joy.

Beautiful white clematis

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 3

I've posted pictures of the Little Duckling clematis a couple of times before. This one is a little different and a little special.

Little Duckling Clematis - light pinkish white petals with a darker stripe in the cneter

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2

Here is an early morning picture of a clematis I own. It is named 'Little Duckling'. I'll be rooting cuttings soon. This is a case of 'More is better'.

clematis growing against a fence

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2

I am a plant it and let it survive gardener. I found this Clematis last year and planted it during the summer months. It has grown beyond my imagination with watering and a touch of plant food.

Blue and purple clematis.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 8

Funny how we assume things with little or no good reason. Such is the case with this clematis. Given it's Oriental sounding name, I assumed the vine originated in China or was named for a real or fictitious lady from China. Not so.

Clematis - Belle Of Woking - clematis blooms with viola

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 1

I bought this last year at over half off. Today is the first time to see it bloom. It is not as red as the label shows. As red is not my favorite color, I'm sure I like this better. I'm hoping it will make a nice display from a distance when the vine is covered with blooms.

Clematis Niobe - dark red flower

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 1

Here is my Beautiful Purple Clematis! It was one little stick last year, but I did not give up hope. Just have a little faith, hope and prayers.

purple flowering clematis

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes

I just wanted to share this photo of the clematis that is growing in my yard, they are the size of small plates!

Light purple and magenta clematis flower.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes

Showing a Dr. Ruppel clematis which is in full bloom this year and very pretty.

Dr. Ruppel Clematis

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes

This is my first clematis bloom of the season. The blooms on this are so large. I measured this one and it is 8 inches across.

Don't be afraid to try Clematis. I didn't have to do much other than fertilize once in a while. This was in semi-shade and moist ground.

This flower is a Clematis. We planted four last Spring so it will climb each corner of the arch that it is planted around. All four are different colors.

I can't wait until they are all in bloom and meet at the top. This is our first bloom on this side. I wish to share it's beauty with everyone.

Purple Clematis

Home and Garden Gardening FlowersApril 27, 2017
🎃