October Blooming Clematis (Elsa Spath)

Photo Description
It's been a hard year for all my plants. Things have looked pretty grim all season. I lost so many roses to spores that thrive in the damp. This may be the first year I didn't try something new.

Even so, there were a few treasures to be found in some of my older plants. I've shown you pictures of the clematis 'Elsa Spath'. This picture is a bit different. I've gone so far as to put a date on it, and for good reason.

All my clematis will produce a couple of sporadic blooms in early fall. This Elsa Spath is doing more. At October 6, it has several large blooms and many buds yet to open. Within a week, it should look close to what it did in the spring.

If you're looking for some late season color to add to your fall garden, something other than the reds and golds and browns, consider the Elsa Spath clematis.

Photos GardenOctober 8, 2018
🌻
😎
🐛
😷
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/October-Blooming-Clematis-Elsa-Spath.html