Clipboard Gallery Wall
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 254 Posts
If your kid is anything like mine, there is a slew of artwork being made each day. I wanted a way to display my child's art in a way that could be easily changed. This is the solution I came up with. I wanted to be able to have both verticle and horizontal pieces of art, so I got two sizes of clipboards so that art would be contained within the parameters of the clipboard. I added some patterned contact paper to some of the clipboards to add interest and also painted the clips black to match. In retrospect, I don't think the contact paper was needed, as I am sure these will always be full.
Related Products: (Affiliate Links)
- First, you will want to use painter's tape to tape around the clips so that you will not paint the clipboards black.
- Clip a plain piece of paper onto the board and in a well-ventilated area, carefully spray paint the clip black. Let dry completely.
- Decide which direction you want your pattern to go and cut out a piece of contact paper slightly bigger than the spot you want to cover.
- Peel off just a little bit of the contact paper and place it on the clipboard, carefully rubbing out and bubble and trying not to let it crease.
- I decided to completely cover the landscape clipboard, so used an X-acto knife to cut around the clip. Fold the ends around the back and press down the edges. You may choose to use the X-acto knife to get a clean cut around the edges.
- Figure out the layout on your wall, you can use painters tape and a level to place lines on the wall to help you place the clipboards evenly.
- I placed the removable mounting squares on the top 2 corners of the clipboards first to help, get the placement right and then I removed the clipboard and placed a Command Strip in the middle and mounting squares on the bottom and secured each clipboard to the wall one at a time, being sure to place them in the right spot.
- Showcase your artists' work on your new gallery wall.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2024 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.