Coloring Stubborn Gray Hair

I have been using the standard boxed hair color for years to get rid of my gray hair. But the past couple of times I colored my hair, using the same procedure, it's like I didn't do a thing. The grays were still there. Am I doing something wrong? Are they developing a resistance? Do I need to start pre-treating with peroxide? Help!

By Cynthia

Yes it is a pain isn't it. I have the same problem, did some research, and found a product called Gray Magic you add to your color solution prior to coloring. If you get too much red in your hair, you can followup with Unred also by Ardell.

Gray hair is stubborn to dye. You may need to go to the beauty shop and have it professionaly done.