Food TipsFood and Recipes

Consolidate Food to Save Pantry Space

I have a big pantry. That said, I also share it with clothes, crafts, and things to sell. So, when I can, I try and make things like food take up less room. I put little things inside bigger things and those inside other things, etc. One thing that always helps me is to consolidate things that are alike to save space.

I opened 5 boxes of mac and cheese and dumped into a larger container. Each time I cook one, I know I will need just 8 oz. of pasta and one package of cheese mix.

And the best thing is if there was a leak or summer heat took over, the pasta would be safe and dry.

N-JOY!

I've said it to others and I'll say it to you. It's the simple tips that seem to make the most sense. I like your idea.

I do that with many things. I put rice together in big containers, Macaroni, my flour. In fact just about everything I put into containers to keep it fresh.

Thanks so much! When I was trying to consolidate things back in the 70's, I used to do this too.

Our pantry was on the back porch, so I had to be very careful of moisture. Now my pantry is 1/3 the size and I have to share it with other things. This really helps.

Great minds!!

I buy creamer in the large bottles - which also saves money - and when they are empty, I strip the plastic off the outside, wash and dry well and store all kinds of stuff in them. I buy bags of rice from Trader Joe's. That goes in the bottles with directions on how to cook written on the outside with a Sharpie. The creamer bottles are air and moisture tight and being a square shape, it nests nicely on the pantry shelf.

Yep. I love those too. Here's a link that can give you tons more ideas!

www.google.com/search?q=repurpose+coffee+creamer...