Cooking Tips for Electric Grill

Category BBQ and Grill
Food on Electric Grill
You don't have to brave the elements and wildlife to cook up some delicious grilled meals. This is a guide about cooking tips for electric grill.

I want to get an indoor grill. What's the best indoor grill on the market? Does anyone have any tips for choosing one?

Sunny from NH

I own a george foreman grill.....went from a small one to a family size one and I just luv it...wouldn't be without it. You can grill meat, veggies. and the fat runs out on a tray so it helps if you don't want to eat too much fat and my teenagers actually will cook on it but they still leave the cleaning to mom....happy hunting :0)

My husband got me the George Foreman grill a couple of Christmas's ago and we use it at least once a week. It makes the BEST hamburgers and grilled chicken. It's quick too!

George Forman hands down; family size. I wore out one GF grill, bought a hamilton beach because it was cheaper. It was okay but I gave it to my daughter when I found another GF grill on clearance.

I tried a GF grill to cook pork chops. They cooked very quickly, but had an unappealing gray color, no browning whatsoever. Maybe there is a trick to it.

The indoor grills like the Geoge Forman work best with boneless meats. The grill needs to touch the meat to make grill marks; the bones prevent this.

I have a Geroge Foreman grill and love it cooking bacon on it is the best thing ever. My sister has a hamilton beach one that the grills come out and that works great for clean up. To clean mine I just wet it while its still hot and it wipes right off.

We tried several grills only to find that they didn't cook well or were very difficult to clean, even while still warm & sprayed w/ a little water. They were returned, no problem & we settled on a "Deni" brand Extra Large grill. Holds 6 large hamburgers. Wipes clean easily using a damp sponge while still warm, or if it cools, sprinkle the grill w/ water (be sure the fat tray is on it!), reheat the grill & wipe clean w/ the sponge. Had for several years, we are pleased.

I have had two GF grills, which I use almost every day. The biggest complaint about almost all of them is there is no on/off switch. The one I use now has such a switch, but it was only on the market for a few months, and is no longer available.

what can i cook on the grill

I travel by RV and I was wondering if someone has a suggestion concerning an indoor/personal grilling devise. I'm trying to avoid the big and cumbersome charcoal grilling equipment. Many thanks for your advice.

By araucano

I use my George Foreman grill in my kitchen all the time. It works great and easy to clean. Tip on cleaning; after you take your food off of the grill lay a double layer of wet paper towel on the grill and close the lid. While you eat, the the food will soften on the grill from the steam of the wet towels and you can just wipe it off with the wet towels. Be sure to disconnect your grill before adding the towels.

You can't go wrong with a George Foreman. They come in all sizes. Also, for great GFG recipes, delivered to your email box every day, go to:

http://www.grou  ge_Foreman_Grill

I have a 1,000 watt electric grill (Farberware Open Hearth), long since discontinued. No customer support available. This grill has the heat source coming from the bottom and there is nothing on the top. How do I adapt recipes that might be written for a 1400 watt grill?

For instance, I grilled chicken breasts and it took twice as long to cook as the recipe indicated. Bearing in mind that Target's Gold N' Plump chicken brand runs large, how does one adapt a recipe? The recipe called for 20+ mins. Took me closer to an hour. I spent a lot of time wondering if they were ever going to be done. Well, they were delish and they were done, but that was a lot of time spent wondering unnecessarily about a meal.

Holly from Richardson, TX

Based on the wattage, take the cooking time recomended and multiply x 1.4.

Problaby the best thing is to just experiment with the cooking time and use a thermometer!