Lawn MowersMachines

Craftsman Mower Won't Prime But Runs Otherwise

Category Lawn Mowers

I have a Craftsman 6.5 hp. This model has a fuel line from gas tank to carb. The carburetor has a bowl on it. Primer bulb worked fine before I took the carb off to clean it. The motor would sputter, lose power, and then die. I cleaned it with Gumout carb and choke cleaner and cleaned the bowl.

I have replaced the fuel line, bowl O ring, gasket between the carb and air filter assy, air filter, and primer bulb. It turns out the mower shop sold me the wrong gasket. I have the correct one in now, but the Briggs motor is still not priming. The motor runs great after I manually prime it. It won't start unless I spray gas into the carb. Then it runs fine. I don't know what else to try.

By John

6.5 craftman mower won't prime. It doesn't run.