Craftsman Mower Won't Start

Why will my Craftsman lawn tractor not start with a new battery, new spark plugs, new gas, gas filter, oil filter, and new oil?

Best Answer

This happened to mine while under warranty (last year). Repairman came, raised my seat & there was a little fuse or something & he pulled it out & replaced it - told me to get on & crank it. It fired off & no more problem this year with anything.

Best Answer

Either a poorly connected battery ground if you get nothing or varnish in the carburetor if it tries but won't turn over. It never hurts to add C-foam to the gas. Let it sit 24 hrs then try again.

I have a 2015 Craftsman T1000. Bought it BRAND NEW from Sears and spent an additional $300+ for an extended nuclear-powered warranty. It has 35 hours of total time on the engine since date of purchase. When winter came, I drained the non-ethanol 86 octane gas and changed oil again.

It's summer in Texas and time to mow my 1 acre of grass.
Damned thing wont start. Fresh gas, new fuel filter, new air filter. Getting a warranty booking with Sears is close to trying to remove your own brain tumor.
My blame goes to BRIGGS & STRATTON. MY answer for you is to pray to the gods. This CRAFTSMAN equipment is pure GARBAGE!