Craftsman Riding Mower Keeps Stalling

I have a 24hp Craftsman Briggs and Stratton riding lawn mower. It will start up and run in choke for a minute, then it dies. I have drained the tank and put fresh gas in. I have sprayed carb cleaner in it. If I keep spraying carb cleaner it will continue to run. I can't figure out. Any suggestions?

Best Answer

Fuel Filter needs to be changed out. It's either dirty or water has gotten into the system. It's blocking the gas from reaching the carb. Other than that, check the carb jets.

Thanks i will try that

Anonymous
Best Answer

The piece at the bottom of the float bowl needs to be replaced. Had the same issue. Drain the fuel, then undo the from the bottom of the float bowl and replace it. About a $20 fix.

I have similar problem is this the sensor in the bottom of the carburetor bowl.

Undo the from? Can you please be more specific?

Best Answer

I have had simular problems with my old craftsman. I have figured out my problem. I took the fuel filter and cleaned it along with the fuel lines. When you put gas in it, over time, sediment sinks to the bottom of the tank.

Then later, the sediment gets sucked into your lines witch can clog your gas filtering system. The engine isn't getting the gas it needs for the amount of air it intakes which can lead to stalling.