Craftsman T2200 Lawn Mower Won't Start

This mower will only turn over 1 time and it seems compression keeps it from continuing. If I take out the spark plug it will turn over like crazy. Yes I have spark.

Best Answer

Many times I have seen my son repair this sort of problem but he is not available right now.

He uses Craftsman on line services quite often and they are usually very helpful. You can "chat" on line or call or visit their service & parts store if available at your Sears or your area.

I believe you may have posted an incorrect model number but you can still find out what you need for your mower.
Check this link if you are interested:

http://www.sear  repair-help.html

Best Answer

Your valve rockers need adjusted, most likely. I had the same problem. Ignore all the stuff they say on youtube. You need to find top dead center for each of your pistons. (Both valves on that head will be loose)

You must do the next step.
Then turn the engine a quarter inch in the direction the motor turns. You will need a wrench, T-bit (same type of bit a deck screw uses), a screwdriver, and some type of feeler gauge (a piece of regular printer paper will work fine if you don't have feeler gauges). Most engines need to be set to .004 inches for both valves (convieniently the thickness of regular printer paper).
Then follow the tightening instructions in this video.
https://www.bin  4C&FORM=VIRE
Note: set both valves to the same setting, not what the video says

Your valves need to be adjusted.