Cranberry Apple Tuna Salad
Vote for this contest contender!
This is a fun twist on a tuna salad, adding some crunch and vibrance. I make a batch at the weekend. It keeps well in the fridge for days, making for quick and easy lunches. I love serving this at my summer parties.
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 10 ounces tuna, drained
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp yogurt
- 2 tsp mustard
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 small crunchy apple
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 ounces dried cranberries
- 2 Tbsp shelled pumpkin seeds
- In a bowl, mix together the tuna, mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard, shallot and lemon juice.
- Chop the apple into small bits. I like to keep the skin on, but you can peel it if you like.
- Stir apples and cranberries into the tuna mixture.
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes so cranberries plump up with the juices.
- Arrange a bed of lettuce in a large serving bowl. Top with tuna salad, then sprinkle with pumpkin seeds. Serve immediately.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!