Cream Cheese Cranberry Frozen Loaf
This is a frozen cake dessert that has Cool Whip, cranberries, angel food cake, and cream cheese. This recipe is like frozen cakes you buy at the store, only better.
- 1 3 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar or splenda
- Pinch pinch salt
- 1 16 ounce can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup whipping cream or Cool Whip
- 6 Slices 1/2 inch thick angel food cake
- Set aside 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan lined with heavy duty aluminum foil.
- In a mixing bowl beat cream cheese, sugar and salt.
- Beat in cranberry sauce.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Spread 1/3 of this mixture in prepared foil covered pan.
- Top with three cake slices trimmed to fit pan.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with remaining cranberry mixture.
- Cover and freeze. Take out 15 minutes before serving.
- Use foil to remove loaf from pan. Then discard foil.
- Cut into 8 slices.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!