Creamy Avocado Basil Pasta Salad

I made this at my friend's house because we were craving a pesto-like flavour on a hot day, but we did not have the right equipment available to grind up a nice pesto sauce. I opted for items that were already in the fridge to try to mimic the flavours, and used an avocado as the base of the creamy sauce. It only took the amount of time it took to boil the pasta, then was chilled. It was such a delight, that I had to share it with you!

Total Time: 15 minutes plus chill time

Yield: 4 servings

1. Begin by boiling your pasta per package instructions, using salted water.
  2. In a large bowl, add mayonnaise, green onions, avocado, Parmesan, garlic and sugar.
  3. Use a fork to mash it all together until creamy and smooth.
  4. Drizzle in vinegar and stir well.
  5. Add chili powder, salt and pepper to taste.
  6. Add tomato halves to the mixture, then tear in half the basil leaves. Stir well so the flavours and tomato juices mix in.
  7. Drain the pasta, reserving a couple tablespoons of the starchy cooking liquid.
  8. Pour pasta into the creamy sauce and stir. If you see it's a bit on the dry side, then add some of the reserved pasta liquid. Allow to cool in the fridge, covered, if desired. Tear in the rest of the basil leaves.
  9. To serve, line bowls with lettuce leaves and place pasta salad in the middle. I like to add a tiny drizzle of vinegar to my lettuce for a punch.

This looks and sounds amazing! I'm going to get ingredients tonight.. Thanks for sharing.

You're so welcome! I hope you enjoy it! :)

Food and Recipes Recipes Salads PastaJune 9, 2019
🎂
🎃
🌻