VegetableSoups

Creamy Parsnip Soup

I adore root vegetables, and parsnips are absolutely one of my favourites. It has a wonderfully distinct spicy flavour, and is chock full of vitamins and nutrients to support your immune system. I like to make this soup for my vegan friends. It really does not need any sort of added cream at all, but you could add some if you wish.

I added a carrot to mine for colour and a touch of sweetness. This is totally optional. I used a splash of cashew milk at the end, but you can use any milk you like.

1. Heat a bit of cooking oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onions. Cook until lightly browned, about 4 minutes.
  2. Add garlic, parsnips, potatoes, and carrots to the pot. Allow to brown a bit while stirring frequently, a few minutes.
  3. Add the stock and bring to a boil. Simmer until veggies are fork tender, about 15 minutes.
  4. Carefully add soup to blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
  5. Return soup to pot. Stir in nutmeg, zest, and cashew milk. Add salt and pepper to taste.

This sounds amazing!!! I adore root veggies! Can't wait to try it! It's so cold here that it will hit the spot!! Thanks for sharing!

You will love it for sure, then! We consumed it straight out the pot, super hot. It was soooo comforting. Let me know how you like it! x

Food and Recipes Recipes Soups VegetableDecember 8, 2018
🎃
🌻
🎂