Crockpot Honeycrisp Applesauce
I look forward to Honeycrisp apple season every year. I wanted to try making homemade applesauce and what better apple for that than Honeycrisps!
Total Time: 7-8 hours
Yield: 8 servings
- 8-10 Honeycrisp apples
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar (optional)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Wash and peel the apples. I found that a potato peeler works really well for this.
- Use either a knife or an apple slicer to cut and core the apples.
- Cut the slices into chunks.
- Put the apple chunks into the crockpot.
- Add brown sugar and water. Then add cinnamon.
- Using a spoon, mix to coat the apples.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7-8 hours or on HIGH for 2-3 hours.
- Stir applesauce and mash to desired consistency. Allow to cool and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator (up to 5 days).
- It is delicious served hot or cold. It can also be used as a topping for waffles or even ice cream. Enjoy!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!