Curtain and Scatter Cushion Color Advice

My living room wall is painted white. I have a black leather couch and wine carpet with orange scatter cushions and gold colour curtains. I want to change the curtains to another colour as well as the scatter cushions. Kindly help. Which colour will make my living room come alive?

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

Gray is the new color. Use one color gray on the walls and another gray in the same family on the curtains.

I like Judy's idea of painting one wall grey: that would pull together the couch and carpet as well as white walls. What other colours go with grey, white, black and wine / burgundy? Silver accents, perhaps (candle holders, perhaps a table lamp, a knick-knack or two, plant pots). A cushion or two to match the carpet, maybe even find some yarn and crochet a throw with wine / burgundy as the outstanding colour? If the yarn you (hypothetically) choose is variegated with a blue-grey or bit of green, you can pick up those colours in other accents as well as curtains. Any pictures on your walls? Black frames? If there's a particular colour in one of those pictures that appeals to you more than any other, why not use that hue for your curtains? Post a picture when you're done?