Curtain and Throw Pillow Color Advice

Category Curtains
The curtains and throw pillows you select can help complete the color scheme for your room. Choosing a color that helps achieve the best effect can be a process of trial and error. This is a guide about curtain and throw pillow color advice.

I just painted my walls a dark rustic red color and one wall is accented with dark brown stained wood planks. My couches are dark leather brown, my ceiling is white, and the carpet is light tan. My wall trim is dark brown. What would be the best color curtains for the one big window in my living room? I though of hanging a burlap curtain, but I'm afraid that's too much light color with all the dark color in the room.

Answers

Best Answer

You have a lot of dark colors in your room. Light colored pillows, the same tan as the carpet would lighten it up. Rather than plain colored curtains, could you find a print with dark brown, red and tan in them? It sound like you have all solid colors, and a print in the curtains and possibly the pillows
would blend in and brighten the room. Hope this is helpful.

I have sofas in my living room of camel color. I need suggestions for what kind of curtains and cushions I should go for.

By Kiran

Answers

Best Answer

Camel is a neutral so your options are wide open. It will depend on what else you like. Look around the room and find something you really like - a picture or decoration. Can you pick up one of the colors in that to help emphasize that item? Do you like bright colors or more conservative neutral colors. Go to the store and see what you like. You can always purchase a pillow or curtain panel, put it up for a couple days to see if you like it (you can always return it if you don't).

I have put a very, pretty burgundy slipcover over my couch. Now I don't know what color curtains and pillows to use. The walls are white and have to stay. Please help.

By DonnaD.

Answers

Best Answer

Pillows, I would look for pillows with designs complementary to the color of the curtains and the slipcover. Maybe throw in a few solid ones too - light pink and a burgundy the color of the slipcover, in among the printed or woven design ones.

I bought a cobalt blue (or perhaps a bit darker) velvet settee and want to know what color curtains and cushions would go best. I have white walls and each recess has grey painted shelves and cupboard. I have not got an image, sorry.
Thanks.

Answers

Yellow or mustard?

Thanks a lot - I was thinking along those lines. Would be handy as I already have mustardy/yellow silk curtains and cushions. Thanks a lot.

My living room wall is painted white. I have a black leather couch and wine carpet with orange scatter cushions and gold colour curtains. I want to change the curtains to another colour as well as the scatter cushions. Kindly help. Which colour will make my living room come alive?

Answers

Gray is the new color. Use one color gray on the walls and another gray in the same family on the curtains.

I like Judy's idea of painting one wall grey: that would pull together the couch and carpet as well as white walls. What other colours go with grey, white, black and wine / burgundy? Silver accents, perhaps (candle holders, perhaps a table lamp, a knick-knack or two, plant pots). A cushion or two to match the carpet, maybe even find some yarn and crochet a throw with wine / burgundy as the outstanding colour? If the yarn you (hypothetically) choose is variegated with a blue-grey or bit of green, you can pick up those colours in other accents as well as curtains. Any pictures on your walls? Black frames? If there's a particular colour in one of those pictures that appeals to you more than any other, why not use that hue for your curtains? Post a picture when you're done?

My walls are celery green, window trim is white, and floor is light brown wood with black accents. The ceiling is exposed brown wood beams with white ceiling between the beams. What color curtains, rug, slip covers, and pillows should I use?

By Linda from Scott Township, PA

Answers

My personal choice would be lots of hunter green (my favorite color) with shades of green and turquoise.

How about trying to see how you like a Very Dark to Navy Blue, goes wonderful with the Green colour you mentioned. Just a suggestion for Australia.

My couch is black leather, the recliner and carpet are light blue, medium brown TV stand, and tan colored walls. What color should my curtains be? And what color should my accent pillows be?

By Mel from ID

Answers

I would go with white. This color combination has enough dark and light colors, and white will help show the light through the windows. You can also go with this idea. I like going to walmart and getting 5' wide plastic sheeting. You can get it from clear to floral, and you cannot see through it. Cut it the size of the windows, and gently hot glue it to the corners and the sides, or tape it to the frame. You have light, privacy and can set things in the window sills.

I bought a black and pearl white Cresta lounge suite. (It is black around the side of the lounge suite and the rest is pearl white.) I also have 2 single wing back chairs which are in full pearl white.

What color curtains should I have and scatter cushions, taking into consideration I want my lounge bright and to look spacious?

By Ahmed

Answers

Since these are basically white, I think you could go with any color that you like. I have off white walls, and white sheer drapes on the window wall. I like the look as they let in the light (I have blinds if I wish to darken the room), and they make the room look bigger. You might consider that style. However, bear in mind that it is a very neutral pallet. I have many, many pieces of colorful art that I showcase on that blank canvas.

I have bright yellow walls, a slate grey sectional, and hardwood floors. What color curtains and accent pillows would look nice and modern?

By R spunky

I have a camel colored leather sofa and loveseat, the floor is ivory colored tile in my family room, which is right off my kitchen. The kitchen has black granite, walnut cabinets, and glass tile backsplash in soft green, yellow, and copper colors. Do I need to use those colors in the family room? What color should my curtains be?

By Maggie

The wall of my living room is pale beige on the upper part and mushroom on the lower part of the wall. My sofa is a mixture of a light shade of cream and golden brown. My center rug is turquoise blue, chocolate brown, and cream. What colour curtains and throw pillows will fit? Thank you.

By Helen

I have a paisley print large sofa and an extra wide chair with ottoman in a rust and tan color. What color throw pillows and curtains can I use to brighten the small dark room?

By Jeanene J.