DYI Wine Bottle Holder
If you are comfortable using a saw, sander, and a propane torch, which is optional, you too can make this self balancing wine bottle holder. Made from scrapes of 2x4 wood, they are inexpensive and would be really nice gifts.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
What to do with those short pieces of 2x4? You hate throwing them away. Here is a fun little project that incorporates those scrap pieces of wood. I have made several of these and given them away as gifts to all of my wine drinking friends.
This project takes about half hour to an hour to complete and makes for a great conversation piece. Have fun.
Total Time: 60 minutes or less
- 1 piece of 2x4 at least 8" long
- one spade bit inch and one quarter
- propane torch (optional )
- clear coat
- Find a piece of 2x4 at least 8" long. The final length will be 71/2". Cut the board to 7 1/2 inches long.
- Mark and cut each end at a 45 degree angle, see photo.
- Come up from the bottom 5 3/4". Find the center of the board and drill a 1 1/4 hole all the way thru.
- Sand the the board on both sides.
- I used a propane torch and burned the board on both sides then took a piece of steel wool and removed the charred layer and then finally applied a clear finish. You can finish with the stain of your choice.
- Ready to store your bottle of wine.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.