Do All Boxed Hair Dyes Have Metallic Salts in Them?

I want to dye my hair with Splat in the color crimson. It says not to if I've dyed my hair with a product with metallic salts in it. What do I do?

"Progressive dyes" may be listed on the hair dye box which means for an example with men the color gradually dyes the hair darker with each use. Metallic Salts is a progressive dye. The problem with metallic salts is the dye continues layering over the old and builds up in time.

Here is some info on metallic salts- www.rankingsquad.com/.../ There is a caution of using this product for long time use is not good for you and your hair!

I dont think they do

Hair style geeks say this about metallic salts "Quote"

"Metallic salts are present in most natural hair dyes, such as henna. Sulfates in care products are also a form of metallic salts. We all know why sulfates are bad. OTC products use them as foaming cleansing agents to strip away natural oils.

They also break down keratin treatments very rapidly."

So you see this is in most of the hair dyes on the market and even som hair care products. I am not sure what dye you used in the past or how long ago your dyed your hair. I would try and find the exact same dye and check the label on the box before you dye your hair again.

Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips ColoringApril 14, 2020
🌻
👒
😷
🐛

Generated 2020-04-16 13:08:49 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️

ColoringHair Tips