AdviceDogs

Dog Pees While Sitting Down and in His Crate

I adopted a 1.9 year old Siberian Husky. They told me he was house broken, but he keeps soiling in the house. I keep him on a schedule, control his food intake, and take him for long walks to ease his anxiety. He will still come in and pee, the most alarming thing is that he pees while sitting and pees in the crate. I took him to the vet, but the vet doesn't think he has a UTI. Anyhow I am waiting for the results. If it's not a UTI; what's wrong with him? And how do I correct him? I have tried everything in the book.

Taking him to the vet was wise. If it is not a UTI it could be anxiety or another health condition. Working closely with the vet is best. If it is anxiety, there are great meds to help. Hopefully the pup will get a clean bill of health and then you can work with the vet on different training techniques. Sometimes it just takes time and patience for the pup to settle. Prayers for all. Let me know what the vet says!!!

Dogs do not mess in their crate usually. I would ask the vet what other causes could be