HealthDogs

Dog Recovering from Parvo Not Eating

My dog got parvo about 3 weeks ago. He has been improving, but lately he doesn't want to eat. We have been giving him white rice with chicken and chicken broth, but now he doesn't want it. We are also trying to give him probiotics. He is drinking water on his own. His stool has a little bit of blood. What should I do to improve his appetite?

Have you had him to the vet since this all started? If not, please make that your first stop!

Ask at the vet if they carry the special food that ours carries. I can't remember the name it may be Science Hill something like that but it is very fragrant, comes in special blends, is very nutritious, easy to digest, etc. our boy loved it when he was ill.

Please follow the vet instructions to the letter, which is the best way to have the pup make a full recovery!! I know parvo survivors and know that vet care, love and prayers are the key!

Lots of healing wishes and prayers for the pup and you! Post back and let me know how it goes!!!

If he has blood in his stool, notify the vet immediately!

Your dog needs to see the Vet again, asap.