Dolls That Look Like Your Own Children

Years are flying by for me. I can remember when my sons were just little boys so I wanted to immortalize them at that age. At my local Mall there was a stand that made these wonderful dolls from baby pictures. So I brought two pictures along and had these wonderful dolls made up for me. Now I can hold my children again like when they were just a year old, even though both boys are in their 20s and tower over me. I want to thank my husband for giving into to my crazy impluses and allowing me to do this.

MissA112- Staten Island

Top Comment

There is a company that makes these dolls called "My Twin Doll" Company. I had one made for my granddaughter some years ago. They have a catalog and I'm sure they must have a web site. You are right about the price - it was around $200. Don't repeat this in case my husband sees it!!!

By Sharon,Ky (Guest Post)

I LOVE those dolls!! The QUESTION IS: Where would you get someone who does that and ---HOW MUCH???

I'm afraid to ask and you may not want to tell. Don't worry --this is just BETWEEN YOU AND ME---and a million other readers!!!

By Svein (Norway) (Guest Post)

I'm out looking for URLs. So far:

www.mytwinn.com/
www.sowatzka.com/custom.htm
www.justmomandmedolls.com/Photo%20Dolls.htm
www.dollsbydiane.com.bcentralhost.../

When my niece was about 2 years old, I made her a princess halloween costume. My sister and I went all out -- It was pink with a fluffy skirt and tuelle galore! My niece then had very curly brown hair and was cute as a button! That same year for Christmas, I made a doll with curly brown hair and and identical costume.

To it, I attached a 2x3 framed picture of my niece in her costume. Even though it was for my niece, my sister kept it in a special place so that I would still be around when my niece got older. My sister loves this gift. My niece is now 13!!

By FINA (Guest Post)

YEARS AGO I SEEN AN OPRAH SHOW.
ON THESE SHOW SHE HAD AS HER GUEST A LADY THAT MADE DOLL TO LOOK LIKE YOUR CHILD, I JUST CANT REMEMBER WHO THESE PEOPLE WERE ANY ONE OUT THERE WITH THIS INFORMATION I WOULD EVER BE IN YOUR DEBT! MY DAUGHTER IS HAVING A COMING OUT PARTY AND I WOULD LOVE TO GET HER A DOLL IN HER IMAGE FOR HER .

By Grandma Margie (Guest Post)

"Expressions"
104 Row
Jamestown, MO 65046

Their "babies" look real! I have seen some of the children AND the replicas of those children. It is amazing!

By (Guest Post)

I would love to know the name and number of the company that made these dolls. Can you give it to me?

By Nancy G. (Guest Post)

Hi!
This lady makes dolls from photos or drawings!
Not as realistic as the vinyl ones but still cute!

http://www.adeeart.com