Finding a Doll That Looks Like Your Child

Some dolls are very life like and it may be possible to find on that looks much like your child. This is a guide about finding doll that looks like your child.

Years are flying by for me. I can remember when my sons were just little boys so I wanted to immortalize them at that age. At my local Mall there was a stand that made these wonderful dolls from baby pictures. So I brought two pictures along and had these wonderful dolls made up for me. Now I can hold my children again like when they were just a year old, even though both boys are in their 20s and tower over me. I want to thank my husband for giving into to my crazy impluses and allowing me to do this.

MissA112- Staten Island

Top Comment

There is a company that makes these dolls called "My Twin Doll" Company. I had one made for my granddaughter some years ago.

They have a catalog and I'm sure they must have a web site. You are right about the price - it was around $200. Don't repeat this in case my husband sees it!!!

How can I order the doll that looks like my child?

By Betty from Honesdale, PA

Answers

Best Answer

The one that is closest to what you are requesting is My Twinn. Go to www.mytwinn.com. You can also send them pictures and request that they copy freckles/birthmarks, etc.

Best Answer

I was going to suggest mytwinn.com, also. American Girl has some dolls that are supposed to be customizable, but they're not nearly as customizable as the My Twinn dolls. When I received the catalog, I was surprised at how similar they looked to the girls holding them. It seemed like their noses even matched!

We ended up getting an American Girl, because our daughter had her heart set on a specific historical doll (Julie), but if we wanted one to match our daughter, I think we would have gone with My Twinn. And, just so you know, there are doll clothes patterns in the Simplicity, McCalls, and Butterick catalogs. My mom made our daughter and her doll matching nightgowns for Christmas, and I made her doll a cute outfit a few weeks ago. It cost much less than purchasing a pre-made outfit (if you know how to sew).