Dresser Drawer Pull Ideas

I was given a white chest of drawers without any knobs on it. There are already holes drilled for where the knob use to be. Anyone have an idea of some household item or something I could make to use as knobs? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks a bunch :)

By Kellie

Best Answer

If this is going to be in a casual setting I would find some old wooden thread spools, attach them with long screws, (after painting, of course). Then after the paint dries hot glue antique buttons which don't have to match. Just make sure they cover the end of the button. I found a bag of about 30 wood thread spools on ebay for 5 dollars. I haven't used them yet but this is my plan.

Best Answer

A few years ago I submitted a post about making dresser drawer handles when we couldnt afford to buy any. Here is the post. I won the *Tips* contest with his post.. $25 in my pocket :) www.thriftyfun.com/tf97174742.tip.html

A lot would depend on the look you want. I don't know what materials you have on hand. If you have to buy materials it might be cheaper to buy ready made ones. That is what I would do anyway.

You can find fairly inexpensive ones. I know what I wish I could I could afford for my dresser and chest of drawers that was purchased in 1965. However, being I can't afford what I want I will make do with what came on them.