WildlifeGreen Living

Ducks Laid Eggs Near House Foundation

I found out that 2 female ducks have laid eggs against my house. One on the north side of my house and the other on the south side of the house. Why did they choose my house?

A lot of grass or bushes is attractive to ducks. You may want to consider pruning if there is an issue.

This article has a lot of neat information about duck's nesting habits! It offers tips to encourage (and discourage) future nesting.

www.rspb.org.uk/.../

It sounds like your spaces had the right karma for them.

I hope the mom's and babies did well. It is worrisome as mother nature can be so fickle sometimes. Good luck to all!!

One of the ducks previously had brought her babies to my yard and I fed them daily. Babies are now about 4 months old and obviously on their own, since mom is now nesting with new eggs.

The babies still come by once every morning for some oatmeal. I hope the new bunch will be as friendly. On the first set of babies there were 13 now there are 8 and they seem very happy and healthy.

How cool!!! Thanks for the update! Maybe next month you could enter the ducks in the pet contest! That would be so cute!!!