Dyeing Hair After Bleaching

I went to a hair salon today and bleached my hair. It came out orange from the bleaching. Then I dyed it medium brown, but it is now an almost light red copper color. What should I do to fix it? My regular color is medium brown.

You should have gone back right after the salon visit. You may now have no recourse since you dyed your hair afterwards. It doesnt hurt to try, however.

The old saying goes...People are funnier than anybody. So true. When I owned salons, on the rare occasion, someone would come in wanting to use my dryers. And more rare, they wanted to use a shampoo bowl to shampoo their hair before using the dryer.

I never did have someone come in to bleach their own hair. I guess it was just a matter of time. I do hope that the someone who let you use their facilities was a relative or at least a friend.

There are several ways your hair could be 'fixed'. Which way you would use would be determined by the results you wanted, and that hasn't been made clear.

Hi,

I would go back to the salon and ask them how much they would charge to get your hair the way you would like it to be. Hair color doesn't always turn out the way we like it to be or the shades are not correct. I would also ask them if there should be a waiting period before doing anymore work on your hair. I wish you the best!

Robyn