Dyeing a Blue Dress Pink

I have this blue dress that I need to get pink, what is the best way to do this?

You can dye an item of clothing a darker color. Hopefully you want to dye a light blue dress a dark or hot pink. Rit dye makes many colors. You can dye in the sink, a pot (you cannot use it to cook food after) or the washing machine. Instructions are on the package.

This is a tough one and I would not recommend it as there are too many risks and variables with fabric types and dyes. The only time I have ever had total success with dye jobs working the way I wanted was to start with 100% white cotton items. Anything else, you usually end up with a splotchy mess. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer.

You can check instructions on Rit Dye website: https://www.ritdye.com

If you do proceed to dry blue dress, pink - I would recommend trying with an old clothing article first to see if it works out just encase as you wouldn't want to ruin the piece.

Your first decision is to decide how you will feel if the dress is totally ruined and has to be discarded..
Dyeing a dress is not a very easy job and it is time consuming as well.

• Check the material content and then go online and see if you can find a dye that might work on that type of material.
  • If it is made of several different materials then your chances of success just dropped to very low.
  • You may have to remove the blue with a Rit color remover (for that material) before you try the pink dye.
  • Even if everything seems to be a go - remember that sometimes the main material may turn out great but then you find out the thread that was used to make your dress was another material and is a lot darker than the garment.
  • Ad

• There are lots of pitfalls but it does occasionally turn out okay.
  • First decision: will I be okay if it does not work out like I want it to?