E-Z Refrigerator Beets
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 555 Posts
August 24, 2021
This simple recipe makes great use of all the beets from the garden and provides lots of great vitamins (like IRON!) too!
Even kids like them!
Prep Time: 20 minutes with cooked beets
Yield: 2 points
- 2 lb cooked beets (4 big sized beets)
- 3/4 cup red or apple vinegar
- 1 medium red onion
- 1/2 cup honey or sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- I always cook my beets in a crockpot for a few hours then cool and strip off the skin and slice afterward.
- I added the vinegar, honey and water into a pan and heated it in the meantime, letting all the flavors blend together and waiting for the beets to finish cooling.
- Add the onions and beets to the mixture and fill the pint jars with both the veggies and topping it with the vinegary juice.
- Cover tightly (IF completely cool) and place in the refrigerator. They say 5 to 7 days is best for the flavors to meld together but they rarely last that long!
- It's such a favorite here! I had some left over for tonight's dinner as a side too!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.