Easy Pork Tonkatsu in Creamy Pepper Gravy
A long day of work at home, moving things, cleaning up and everything deserves a good treat so I decided to cook a rewarding dish for dinner. We couldn't eat out so the best thing to do is bring restaurant recipes at home.
- pork Tonkatsu
- 4 pork chops
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Japanese bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 pork bouillon cube
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- Pound the pork chops to flatten them and tenderize the meat. This way the meat will easily cook.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Coat them with flour one at a time.
- Beat eggs then dip each coated meat into it.
- Cover the whole meat with bread crumbs.
- Fry in medium heat until both sides are golden brown.
- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Add all purpose flour and stir until well combined.
- Add water and bouillon cube. Allow the cube to dissolve while constantly stirring. Add more water if necessary.
- Add few drops of soy sauce.
- Sprinkle with pepper and continue to stir until gravy's consistency is achieved.
- Chop tonkatsu into strips. Arrange them in a plate drizzled with gravy.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!