Electrical Repair for Low Income Families

I am 62 and all my electrical is going out, including my overhead lights, ceiling fan, and a few plug ins. I only get Social Security ad cannot afford to pay too much. I am scared about fire. I am not sure if the landlord should fix it or me. I am buying a "rent to to own" home. I have been here for 5 yrs.


By Sharon from Fairmont, WV

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

December 22, 20141 found this helpful
Best Answer

Re Rent-To-Own-Whether you have signed an agreement or not with your landlord, you do not own the house and are not responsible for wiring problems unless you caused them. You only own the house at the end of the period you are paying and after you sign actual ownership papers.

You should contact your landlord and request he/she fix the wiring problems. If they do not fix the wiring, you may need to consult an attorney.

Reply Was this helpful? 1
April 13, 20180 found this helpful

My husband passed away zmarch 24 of 2017. Sense he passed i have been haveing trouble paying all my bills. By the time i get my money and start paying bills i never have any money left to buy grocerys.


When he passed i lost 2000.00 a month . So i have to pay all my bills the best i can..my central heat and air went.out so the only hrat is my 5 burner gas hestr in the living room is all the heat i have. So i never have any extra money.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
April 13, 20180 found this helpful

I have a morgage payment with Union bank in Mena.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
December 22, 20140 found this helpful
Best Answer

If you signed an actual agreement with your landlord, if should have addressed exactly who is responsible for repairs, electrical, etc. If the agreement does not specifically state who is responsible for what, then the landlord should be responsible for the electric wiring and any other repairs, as well.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
December 22, 20140 found this helpful

My guess would be you would be responsible being you are actually buying the house. My advice would be to check with an attorney. A lot of them advertise in phone books that they don't charge for the initial consultation.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Related Content
In This Guide
Home and Garden Repair Home ElectricalDecember 22, 2014
Pest Control
Fourth of July Ideas!
Father's Day Ideas!
Summer Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Desktop Page | View Mobile

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

© 1997-2018 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Published by ThriftyFun.

Generated 2018/06/16 17:22:49 in 1 secs. ⛅️️
Loading Something Awesome!