Eligibility for Social Security Survivor Benefits

My father was in the navy during WWII. I am now on Social Security disability. It is difficult to live on a fixed income. I want to know if I, his daughter, can apply for Social Security benefits from my father.

By Sandra

Best Answer

I hope you have paid a visit to your SS office for answers to your question.

I would like to add;
You can only receive one benefit check so - if - you are eligible under your father's SS then you would have to decide which name/number you will use for benefits. There may be a difference in the amount of money from one "name" to the other.

Call your local Social Security Office and talk to them. That being said, you aren't the only person living on a fixed income and the rest of us are getting by. It takes some careful budgeting, and not doing much in the line of entertainment.

You need to pay a visit to your SS office for correct information. Be sure to carry any available paperwork on your father (and SS number) as well as info on yourself.

You may also wish to seek help through your father's military affiliation or contact the Veterans of Foreign Wars as they may be able to help with information on who to see about help.

As stated by the first responder - a fixed income would be a blessing for some people as life can be difficult and some would truly love to know they had a "certain" amount each month no matter the amount.

I am blessed as I have a little better "fixed" income than some - but - I worked 26 years to get it and do not receive SS benefits.

I still "work" from home to help buy extras and also help others who cannot always make ends meet. Maybe you can find something within your capabilities to make a little extra for your needs also.

Business and Legal Legal General AdviceNovember 21, 2014
📓
🐛
🌻