Farewell Party Cake Ideas for an Irish Priest

Category Cakes
A farewell cake is a great way to show your priest how much you appreciated their service. Check out these farewell party cake ideas for an Irish priest.

Farewell Party Cake for Irish Priest

Farewell Party Cake for Irish Priest

Our beloved priest is leaving the R.C. Catholic Church where both my husband and I regularly attend. This Godly man has a heart of gold and we really hate to see him leave. The church is holding a farewell party for him on Sunday, January 25, 2009. Father Jim is an Irishman so I wanted to bake a cake with an Irish theme. I've just started to learn cake decorating on my own through trial and error. I own a paperback book entitled: Cake Decorating for Dummies.

I made the 18x12 inch cake from scratch and didn't use box mixes.

By MCW from Lewiston, NY

You did a fantastic job for a beginner. I myself have been doing cakes since the age of 12, I am 51. You do have talent and the most important is "passion". See if there are any local cake supply stores that offer some classes, I think you would not be sorry!! Happy cake decorating. I am sending a cake I did for my daughters wedding shower, "ball & chain".

By Terri (Guest Post)

That is a great cake and the shamrocks are very appropriate for an Irish priest. This certainly doesn't look like the work of a beginner, it is as good as you could get in a bakery.

You did a wonderful job. Did not even think that cake decorating could be learned from a dummies book. Will have to look that one up myself.

Thank for sharing.

Thank your for your encouraging words. I'm 60 years old and have had a desire for many years how to decorate cakes.

I really can afford it and attend cake decorating classes, but I'd rather learn on my own and at my own pace.

A younger woman who owns a copy told me about the following book: The Wilton Way of Cake Decorating Volume 1, A Complete Encyclopedia; By Eugene T. Sullivan; ISBN number - 0-912696-04-4. She said to practice using the decorating tips by turning over a pan and decorate the bottom of the cake pan. Also fill the pastry bag with shortening and learn how to use the tips.

I rather enjoy living a frugal lifestyle so I don't want to pay someone else to teach me cake decorating.

The decorating bags can get very expensive if you use enough of them. So I just found out how to save money on them. I used a few of the ziplock storage bags on the cake. Just snip off a small corner, push the coupler inside the bag, pop on the decorating tip and screw on the ring.