Feeding a Goldfish

I am getting a goldfish tomorrow and I really don't know what to feed it. Could you please tell me something that doesn't cost a lot of money and is not hard to find.

Thank you.

Go to the pet store and get specially formulated food for goldfish

Pet stores or Walmart should carry reasonably priced boxed or jars of food formulated for your fish. No need to by the most expensive. Check the per ounce price when comparing sizes.

Never feed them people food like bread, or dog or cat food, as it can be deadly.

My last goldfish lived for almost 5 years, which was amazing to me. I followed the feeding directions on the box exactly (I was careful not to overfeed) and kept his bowl immaculate. Good luck with your new fin friend!

Go to a pet shop and ask a knowledgeable person who actually feeds the fish what they would recommend to feed the Goldfish.

You will find many good goldfish foods at a pet store. The secret is not to feed too much. When your fish leaves food in the bowl after a couple minutes of feeding, you have probably fed too much.

When it is time to change the water (I used to change mine weekly) put the water you will use into a bowl and leave it out on the counter overnight. That allows the chlorine to leave the water, and the temperature of the old and new water to be the same. Good luck!

you pretty much can't get away from needing to buy goldfish food, otherwise it will die due to taxing its digestive system

fish food is not expensive at all and i would say pretty accessible in any grocery store, even

www.chewy.com/.../126068 here yuo see something that will last at least 2 weeks and costs less than $2