Female Cat Peeing on the Couch?

I desperately need help. 1 of my female cats keeps peeing on my husband's side of the couch only. She has always been attached to my husband and only likes males. She is fine with my other cats, but doesn't get along with our dog as our dog keeps jumping on her for no reason or chases her so we know that is an issue as well. She no longer walks around our house and we had to move 2 other litter boxes she uses to the side of the house she stays on. So that is issue #1. How do I stop my dog from going after her?

Issue #2 is after taking in 2 abandoned kittens she started peeing on only my husband's side of the couch. We first thought she was being picky with the litter box as she has in the past. So we added more litter boxes and completely change the litter every week and clean it every night, but she still pees on the couch. We have tried anti-marking sprays, we were told to spray it with mouthwash, everything we have found online, but nothing is working. We don't know what exactly is the issue that is causing her to be like this, but we even give her special attention. Nothing is working. My brand new couch is being ruined and I can't take it. I will walk away for a single minute and she pees on the couch. What can I do to stop this without rehoming animals because that isn't an option I can think about.

She is marking her territory. I think your problem started when the kittens came. She may be marking your husbands side so the kittens wont go near him. Clean with an enzyme based cleaner. Get a perch for her so she can exercise dominance.

She is a very jealous Cat! she felt more love and protection before new kittens.She is now marking the one place she loves! Separation may be the only answer,check with a Vet!

This can be a normal behavior when new cats are added to your home. She wants the new cats to stay away from your husband and this is why she is peeing on his side of the couch. It is hard to deal with but you need to get the couch cleaned and use a product that will get rid of the smell in your couch.

Make sure you give her a lot of love and attention and that she knows she is not being replaced by the 2 new kittens you have brought home.

Your kitty is having a hard time. She is being terrorized by a dog and is jealous of new kittens. The fact that she stays on one side of the house tells me she is not just annoyed by the dog but truly afraid of him. You can do things that build her confidence. Make sure she has places to get up and away form the dog and kittens. Aim for creating a cat "superhighway" Where the cat can go all around the room high up from the floor. Arrange shelves or pieces of furniture so she can go from one to another around the room. Make sure there are a couple cozy spots up high where she can hang out and feel safe. I have sometimes just stacked boxes of books with a blanket on top. A perch on a window sill where she can look out is good. Your dog needs to be trained not to chase your cat.

In the meantime you can crate your dog when you all want to be in the same room together. Or you can try letting the dog walk around with a leash attached to his collar so you can grab him when he heads for the cat. You can also try a squirt gun when he goes after her. You may need a trainer for the dog but you may get lucky and one of these things will work. Make sure the cat has time with the family without dogs and kittens. With the couch clean it with enzyme cleaners or Fizzion. It can take days to dry and stop smelling. The cleaner needs to reach as far as the cat pee went. Then try to make the couch less attractive to the cat. Aluminum foil on the preferred spot may work. Cats hate to walk on it. With these changes her nerves should begin to calm down and she will get back to the litter box.

Pets Cats AdviceOctober 14, 2019
😷
🐛
📓
🌻
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Female-Cat-Peeing-on-the-Couch.html