Finding Caps for Chair Legs

Category Chairs
To protect your floors or to balance your chairs, you may need new covers for the bottom your chair legs. This guide is about finding caps for chair legs.

My friend bought a set of four of these chairs and had the cushions reupholstered. One of the chairs is missing the "foot" that fits over the bottom of the wrought iron legs. A couple of others don't look in great shape so she'd like to replace them all, I've looked on Amazon and seen various slide-on "feet" but nothing small enough to fit snugly over the wrought iron legs. Does anyone know the formal name of these "feet"? Any suggestions on where to find these type of feet or something different that works with wrought iron?

Thanks in advance.

Answers

These are called metal chair caps. You can bring the chair in to a Home Depot or furniture store to get a set that will fit.

Thanks. We checked Home Depot first. No luck but I"ll go on their website.

This type of cap is advertised under several different titles: Metal Furniture Floor Protectors, chair caps/cups, feet and even glides.

• Remove one of the caps so you will be able to look for the exact size you need.
  • I believe your best bet would be a larger hardware store - like Ace Hardware or True Value as they tend to have a big selection of things like this. They may have something on line but be sure of size.
  • A better bet would be an old fashioned hardware store and one might be in your area. Maybe Google vintage hardware store with your zip code.
  • You might want to try something like this until you find what you want. If you use a plastic/rubber foot be sure to put something solid in the bottom so as not to cut right through.
  • www.etsy.com/.../furniture-feet-rubber-ferrules-steel...

Have you thought of putting rubber tips on the bottom of the leg.

I have 8 dining room chairs they are in beautiful condition except for the bottom of the legs. I would like to replace a square clear cap that it supposed to level the chairs and protect the floor from scratches. I have been unable to located a store to purchase these caps. Please help.

Marilyn from Bronx, NY

Answers

By Cheryl (Guest Post)

I have seen these caps at Walmart stores and our local hardware stores. They also are available through catalogs such as Carol Wright and sometimes Lillian Vernon.

Best of luck to you!

Cheryl

By Carol (Guest Post)

I dont know if this will help you or not, but I use the felts you can buy at the dollar store on the legs of my chairs to prevent scratches on the floor. I think even if you are able to find the caps you want, you may want to consider the felts too.

try home depot or any home hardware store

By Joy (Guest Post)

I used the felt tips you can buy at ther store on my kitchen chair legs to prevent scratches on the floor. It does help, only thing is they do slide off the plastic bottom. I am going to try some stronger glue. The felt tips works great on by kitchen chairs.

Good luck.